Won't You Be My Neighbour

We are just a week away from moving into or NEW STUDIO!  Eeeeeek!!!  Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd have my own vintage clothing studio..... or the vintage wardrobe to fill it!

The blue bus was, and still is, the foundation of Perch Travelling Boutique.  But, I began toying with the idea of opening a studio/store front a couple of years ago, and almost signed on the dotted line, but for some reason or another a deal was never reached....until I met Annemarie.  When we met, everything jived, and I put down a deposit on the studio above her glass art work space right away.  No regrets!



Let me tell you about my new neighbour Fused By Fux Glass Studio, the workshop and showroom of Annemarie Fux.                   




Annemarie creates one of a kind pieces of glass art~ornaments, bowls, plates, tiles and commissions. She also conducts workshops in her space geared to all age groups. I've been fascinated with glass art for years, ever since a neighbour invited me into her basement studio and gave me full access to her stained glass supplies, so to have a glass artists right downstairs is awesome!













As great as it is having another creative individual as a 'roomie', the best part is I feel like I've made a good friend. The more Annemarie and I talked, the more I realised that we have may friends in common, and share the same concerns of being your own boss, getting your brand out there, and ultimately running a successful business.

I feel like I've won the Girl Boss lottery!  I've got great neighbours, an amazing studio space, and  with that space so many fantastic and fun opportunities to invite the public and other artists into 'The Messy Nest'.  I get the keys on the 1st!  I hope to see a bunch of friendly face on December 16th for the Grand Opening and Fused By Fux Open House. 


No comments:

Post a Comment